March 28, 2012

What We Read-A Recap

Here are a few of our very favorite kid's books we have read over the past few weeks:

"Farmer McPeepers and His Missing Milk Cows" by Katy Duffield, available here

This book is hilarious.....or maybe just really, really hilarious to this mommy who loves a silly book...especially one about farm life. A blind as a bat (I can relate, Farmer, I really can) farmer and his super mischievous cows that are "up to no good". Baby boy's favorite part was the hoe down because he liked to look at the pictures of the people playing instruments. We read this a LOT! 

"Gerald McBoing Boing" by Dr. Seuss, available here


This was one of my nephew's (and my sister's) very favorite books to read and I absolutely can see why. There are a few things that I quickly love about a kid's book and they are: rhyming (am I the only mom that feels like a rhyming book is better to read out loud? not always, but definitely sometimes!), great artwork, humor. And, this book definitely has all three! Get ready to have your kid in giggles and practice your noise making while reading this book!

"The Bear Who Shared" by Catherine Rayner, available here


This is a super cute book about a very patient bear with a kind heart. Love the pretty artwork in this book and I love any book that teaches children about sharing and friendship

The next two books are actually ones that we got through our school book fair but we love them so I couldn't pass adding them to our favorites list:

"Finklehopper Frog" by Irene Livingston, available here


This book is another great one to read aloud. It is a fun rhyming book about accepting others for their differences.

"Iggy Pig's Snowball Fight" by Vivian French, available here


After last year's winter storms, I decided this year I would stock up on books about winter and snow for all the days we were snowed in to our house......even though we barely got four flakes of snow, we have still really enjoyed reading from our large selection of snow books. This is one of those books and, I kid you not, this is the book we read EVERY Saturday and Sunday at nap time. 

That's plenty for now! We are headed to the library again this evening to swap out our books so we will see what we come up with!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment