April 19, 2012

Smoothie Adventures...

After my new found love of green smoothies, I got excited and started thinking......what else can I throw in there??? Please raise your hand if this has happened to you and let me know when to stop!! Of course, strawberry banana is still my main "flavor" combination so far...mostly because that's the bulk of the fruit I have right now in my fridge.....here is a smoothie I made yesterday because a) I was really craving one at lunch and b) I had made just a chicken breast for lunch and couldn't decide on a side so I opted for a smoothie instead! Because I needed something a little more substantial then just a couple pieces of fruit and ice, I added some oats. Yep, dry oatmeal. I had heard of someone doing this but I can't remember where so if I sound like I am copying your ideas without crediting you, I'm sorry!!!! Please let me know so I can properly credit you in the future!! So, here is my super yummy and super duper satisfying lunch smoothie...

Strawberry Banana Oat Green Smoothie

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 banana, frozen
1 cup water
1/4 cup 1% milk
1/8 cup dry quick oats
1 big handful of fresh spinach
1 cup (or more if needed) ice cubes

Throw everything in the blender and blend/chop/mix/whatever buttons you have until smooth! (our blender has a lot of buttons and I just end up punching things here and there until it's smooth....for real. May not be best for my blender...and that line of thinking may be why my microwave died last night...DIED. DEAD. KAPUTZKIE. That's another story....too painful to discuss right now. *sniff*)

Enjoy!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment