April 12, 2012

Fave Foods-PW's "Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler"

Along with the Lemon Triangles, I also decided to make a cobbler for Easter Sunday. I found this recipe in Pioneer Woman's first cookbook, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes From An Accidental Country Girl". As you all know, I have made (and loved!!) several recipes from this cookbook and they have all been a huge success so she is one of my go-to gals for home cookin' (P-Dub, if you ever read this by some grace of God, Thank you for being the bomb dot com). This recipe calls for blackberries but Husband suggested that I use peaches because peaches are a family favorite with his bunch. The original recipe can be found here. While this was delicious, yummy, and downright AH-MAZING, I would suggest that you NOT make this the day before serving. It was so easy and quick to throw together, PLEASE make it the day of. Perhaps it was my peaches or just user error (happens a lot in my kitchen I will admit!), but she got a little soggy overnight and I just feel like this would have been better served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Now, on to the good stuff!

Dear photo, why you no turned when I put you on here?!? :( harumph

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups peaches (I used frozen peaches that I had thawed...maybe my reason for the sogginess?)

Directions:
  • Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish
  • Pour 1 cup of sugar and the flour into a medium mixing bowl and whisk in milk. Mix well. 
  • Add the melted butter to the flour mixture and whisk until well combined. 
  • Butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish (use a lot of butter here, people, so it won't stick!)
  • Rinse peaches and pat dry...really, really, dry if you can!
  • Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish and sprinkle the peaches evenly over the top.  Top with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and bake for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly (check it, like I did not, as you can see by my edges in the above crooked picture!). When 10 minutes of baking time remains, sprinkle with an additional tbsp of sugar. Serve warm!
Enjoy!!

I will definitely be making this recipe again because a) as I mentioned above and as you can tell from the recipe, this is EASY to quickly put together! and b) that's just the kind of person I am. 




No comments:

Post a Comment