April 12, 2012

What We Read

During a super quick trip to the library this week on my lunch break, I grabbed a couple of books for the little man and I to enjoy this week until we can make our usual Saturday morning trip to pick out books together. (and, to tell the truth, my books were due and I HAD to go! Whoops!!)

Here are a few of our favorites from this week:

"The Day Dirk Yeller Came To Town" by Mary Casanova, available here


This book is so cute! A rough and tumble outlaw meets a brave boy named Sam. A great book promoting reading!

"The Gobble Gobble Moooooo Tractor Book" by Jez Alborough, available here


Are you guys seeing a theme in my favorite books? We like farm animals. Seriously, I would have a garden and livestock if a) I didn't live in the city and b) I had someone to teach me how to garden and have livestock. Any takers?? Back to the book, this is a really fun read about a group of adventurous farm animals playing on a tractor. Get your little one involved in reading this one and get ready for lots of giggles!! 

"Oh no, George" by Chris Haughton, available here


This book doesn't have a long story but I loved the illustrations and the simple lessons of a dog named George getting in trouble while his owner is out. 

We will be heading back to the library on Saturday so stay tuned for more books coming up next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment