April 12, 2012

Fave Foods-Imperial Brand Lemon Triangles

For Easter Sunday, I made several recipes...(actually, I made them on Saturday because of time but more on that later...) and one of them was a recipe I found on the back of the Imperial butter box for Lemon Triangles. I will be honest and say that when Husband wants lemon bars (or even when he doesn't and I just think about it at the store!), I usually grab the box.....I know, I know, the box of "stuff" you throw together to make a dessert. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I have done it for a long time, but the older I get, the more I want to learn to make things from scratch. I just get a warm and cozy feeling making something homemade for my boys.....okay, so anyway...enough of that! On to the good stuff...LEMON!

Terrible pic courtesy of a mama who forgot to take a picture until it was time to go!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup Imperial butter, softened
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (I used the juice of 2 lemons and it was slightly less than 1/3 cup but it worked)
2 tbsp grated lemon peel
powdered sugar 

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Line a 13x9-inch baking pan (I used a cookie sheet) with aluminum foil then spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
  • Beat in 2 cups of flour until fine crumbs form. Press into the prepared pan and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes
  • Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, with your mixer again, beat eggs, remaining2 cups granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup flour, lemon juice and lemon peel for about 4 minutes or until light and fluffy; pour over hot crust. 
  • Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until lemon mixture is just set *Baker's note: I feel like 25 minutes was a little long here. Please try baking this for about 15 minutes and checking it for "setness" (no, that isn't a real word, but in my kitchen, most of them aren't!)
  • Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Using foil, lift bars out of pan. Spray a knife with cooking spray (don't skip this like i did or you will make a mess!) and cut into triangles. 
  • To serve, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. 
Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment