September 14, 2012

My GN

Aaaaaah, and I am back...still full from an evening of fabulous food, even more fabulous friends, and LOTS of laughter and SURPRISES!! (That I can't really talk about yet...soon though....I think)

As I mentioned yesterday, I was going out to eat with my "GN" (Girl's Night girls) to celebrate my sister's birthday. This is something we do for each girl every year and it is always above and beyond what the birthday girl could hope for! (Maybe that sounds like I am patting myself on the back there....I mean, everyone always seems happy!) Since I have never really explained my GN group on here, let me tell you about them!

GN is a group of girl's that my older sister went to school with that began getting together for dinner on Thursday evenings many years ago. They were all friends and their husbands were all friends so it was a good chance for the guys to hang out somewhere and the girls to get together. Now, it was several years later that I joined this group of girls and it was one of the best things that ever happened to my life. At the time, I was 20 years old and had gone through a yucky break up with my serious boyfriend at the time and was a bit down in the dumps. My sister invited me to tag along with her to go hang out with her girls and the rest is history. We still get together almost every Thursday (I say almost because as the years have gone by and we have all had children, sometimes one or two of us has something else going on) and this group of girls has become the very best friends I could have ever asked for. There is no project too large or small (in our eyes at least) and I wish I had a nickle for every time someone has said "Girl's night can do it!". Every year we hold a Sweet Swap and an Ornament Exchange along with the aforementioned birthday celebration for each girl...and the occasional bridal (all done with those now!) or baby shower along the way! Without the girl's permission, I won't go tooooo in depth on here yet but once I run it by them, I will tell you more and share some of our "projects" along the way! From a four wall mural for a baby nursery to the most recent project of two full size quilt tops in 2 "working" days, we have done a little bit of everything!

Stay tuned...more to come from these lovely ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment