August 16, 2012

Weekend/Week Wrap-up

Whew, Thursday already!! Time has just been FLYING by.....so, here is a quick run down of what we have been up to....

  •  (oh, the bullets....so professional? so cheesy? so something?) Friday night, I baked some cupcakes for my friend's husband's birthday. Because I had to be up early Saturday morning, I had to bake these Friday night and then ice them Saturday right before she picked them up
  • why did I have to be up early Saturday morning? To run my second 5k....and it went GREAT! For several reasons...first off, it wasn't 4 bazillion degrees this time...it was actually, dare I say, brisk? chilly, even? Second, because I set small goals for myself (sometimes..more on that later). For my first 5k, I just wanted to finish...I didn't even care if I had to stop and walk once in a while...just wanted to finish. (Yes, I did have to stop and walk a couple of times...I have said before (maybe to you guys?) that I am not a runner....I would like to be and am working my way there but definitely not winning any medals over here!). This time, I set two goals: 1) To run the whole time and 2) To beat my time from before......and I did! I only stopped one time for a few seconds to tie my shoe (lesson learned to double knot your laces) and finished a full 3 minutes and 12 seconds faster then before. I will take that, ladies and gents...sure will.
  • Saturday, Husband's parents wanted to keep Finn overnight so Husband and I got to have an impromptu (and much needed) date night! We had dinner at Mimi's, played a round of putt putt, went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream, and then went home and stayed up way too late watching tv shows on Netflix
  • Sunday, I got a wild hair to redo my house....namely, the spare bedroom/office "situation" (yes, it was a messy situation) and Son's room. Being the beginner blogger that I am....I didn't take before pictures.....um, what?!! whoops :( BUT, I promise to take some good photos of the finished product this weekend and share them! Separate post on what all I did to follow......REALLY wish I would have taken those pictures!
  • Sunday evening, we went to water the grandparents horses and feed their fish so we went back to Dairy Queen for a cheeseburger.....remember me eating healthy? yeah, not all the time...sometimes after a long day of painting/scrubbing/moving, etc, a girl's just HAS to have a burger...right? ;)
So, that's about it! This week we have just been workin, schoolin, shippin some things for the Etsy store (remember that? yep, she's still going strong!, plus, a church swim party last night and Son is off of "school" today for a day with his Aunt K before she starts back to college...whew! Already been kind of a long week (for us, at least)

Hope everybody is doing great and having a terrific week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment