August 16, 2012

rambling, ranting, rejoicing?

If you have read this blog before (mostly just dear Husband and my mom...hi, mom!), then you know that there really isn't any "category" that it falls into...it isn't a "food" blog or a "parenting" blog or a "DIY" blog..and surely not a fashion blog (I crack myself up even TYPING the word fashion on this blog)...it really is just a place for me to ramble, jot down important memories, share things I create (um, somehow without pictures...geesh), etc. It's really just my "place"...my tiny little space on the internet where I can express what is on my mind...sometimes it doesn't make sense....mostly because I am not very good with words (if you know me in "real" life, you know that I am TERRIBLE with words when I speak so sometimes it is best for me to write them out). However, sometimes I still can't express how I am feeling even when I type. The only way I can describe it is just "off" or "not like myself" (which I know I have touched on this subject before to my bloggy friends). The reason I am bring all of this up is I just read an older blog post on a blog that really expressed how I feel sometimes and I really wanted to share it with you. The blog is called "Cats and Cardigans" and can be found here....the specific post I am talking about can be found here. Her name is Brandilyn and she is a GREAT writer (and would probably shudder at my "write like I think and not necessarily what is grammatically correct" writing style). She talks about how she gets "grumpy" sometimes and about how she has an alter-ego named "Belinda". I feel like that sometimes.....sometimes I am cranky for no reason and sometimes I am sad for no reason (seriously, God has blessed me with an incredible life so I have NO reason to ever complain) and I am sensitive and I write long sentences that (if she ever read this) would make both her and her alter ego throw their hands up in frustration and walk in the other direction...anyhoo.....so, that's about it. She is a great writer so check out her blog (and her adorable baby boy!) and thanks for listening!

2 comments:

  1. So maybe your writing isn't "perfect", but it's conversational and funny, and I say that's something! I totally also have a grumpy alter-ego, so I'm going to jump over to Cats and Cardigans and read that post. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Being new to blogging, I never really know how much of myself to put "out there", you know? But, I am so glad I did! Sometimes it is just so nice to hear that someone else is feeling the same way you are....it is good to be able to relate and have a little "whew, I know exactly what you mean!" moment. Thank you again!

      Delete