June 7, 2012

Black Thumb Betty-Update

I am happy (oh so happy!) to report that so far (fingers crossed WHILE knocking on wood) all of my plants are still alive (well, unless you count that hanging basket.......).

Here are some photos I took yesterday morning:


Pepper plants still, uh pepperin'...well, not really pepperin yet but they have grown a lot!


Photo: WHY WON'T YOU TURN?!? I turn you the right way before I upload you and *poof* you are sideways again.....you must also be approaching three years old like my toddler....anyhoo....zucchini plant is the one on the RIGHT and is doing preeeeetty well (some hungry animal is trying to get the guy on the end..er, bottom there). On the left are the cucumber plants and they are taking off!! (in the good way, of course)


Photo: my blog readers (I think I have readers other than mom...Hi, mom!) do NOT want to stand on their head to look at this basil. so, knock it off!! So, here is the basil.....I did some moving around last weekend (more to come on that) and had this empty white pot so I planted a couple more basil seeds (more spread out this time) because a) we love basil and b) I am just excited the first ones grew at all?? who knows....


and, lo and behold, look who decided to join the party!!! CILANTRO!!! We had a few days of slightly cooler weather and my little cilantro seeds got excited and FINALLY started sprouting!! However, knowing it was about to get HOT again, I decided to see if these dudes (you don't call your plants dudes? well, you should...they are very hip) would grow in my window sill and, by golly, they have!! They have shot up 2 inches in the past week?! Go, buddy, go!!

Speaking of something else that has really grown.....my son. he has grown TWO AND A HALF INCHES since the end of March. 

SERIOUSLY. 

That tells me two things (lots of things around here tell me two things...) a) those "growing pains" we thought he was having in the middle of the night were more than likely definitely (I am so confident, eh?) growing pains and b) my baby isn't a baby anymore :..( off to cry in my cilantro pots now....

ok...*sniff* I am back. If you are wondering why I have everything so close together, etc. Mostly it is because I didn't honestly know if anything would grow....so I over seeded...whoops!! Husband and I have been discussing making some raised beds for me to do my gardening in but haven't ironed out any details so when we do, I will maybe be replanting some things....my concern is that re-planting them will kill them...thoughts? suggestions? If anything, I really need to plant them in some 5 gallon buckets but, I think Husband would like something that looks a little nicer than that so who knows. We shall see! All I know is that they are growing!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I would like to have some plants like you, but unfortunately I don't have a garden :( so, I'll have a look at yours!

    Good Luck :D

    Lorena Be-Bop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (and, my apologies that it seems to take me about 42 years to reply to a comment :/) Have you thought about a small container garden? Even just one pot and perhaps you can grow some yummy herbs or a small plant?

      Thank you again for your comment and the good luck!

      Lo

      Delete
  2. it's soo exciting to see them growing :)
    I love this post!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!! So VERY sorry that it has taken me this long to reply to your lovely comment!! Thank you so much for your kind words!!
      Things are still growing but I have made a few beginner's mistakes along the way...I will be posting on them soon!

      Thank you again!!
      Lo

      Delete